Homes for sale in Queens Lake
Homes for sale in Queens Lake
An established and award winning community in York County, Queens Lake is surrounded by beautiful natural landscapes. Water frontage from Queens Lake, Queens Creek, and Princess Pond provides a picturesque view as well as access to boating and fishing. On the eastern border, York County's New Quarter Park offers hiking trails, a disc golf course, and picnicking area. Enveloping the southern edge of Queens Lake is the Colonial Parkway, with its numerous historical sites and scenic overlooks.
History: Close to the route Washington took to Yorktown in 1782 and integral battle sites of the Civil War, the woods and waters of Queens Lake would have many stories to tell if they had a voice. The land was purchased from a timber company in 1950 by Richard C. Benschoten, a local real estate investor who recognized the beauty and value of the area. Developed a section at a time, the community was not fully built until the late 1980s.
Awards and Recognition: Queens Lake won “York County Neighborhood of the Year for Beautification 2002” and “York County Neighborhood of the Year for Neighborhood Cooperation and Spirit 2006.”
Lots and Prices: Queens Lake is made up of over 600 homes, including waterfront lots, with an average price of $344,800.
Amenities offered by the Queens Lake Community Association:
- Marina and boat ramp with water and electric hook-ups for each of its 57 open slips and 19 covered slips. Boating and fishing access to Queen Lake and Princess Pond is exclusive to association members.
- Clubhouse offering a fully equiped kitchen and large activity room for gatherings.
- Three tennis courts with lessons and workshops available for adults and children throughout the summer.
- Two pools including a six lane pool is for families and a four lane pool for adults only lap swim. Swimming classes and lessons are offered for children and adults during the summer.
- Queens Lake Eagles Swim Team for beginning to advanced children ages 4-18. The Queens Lake Eagles Swim Team competes with other local communities such as Ford's Colony, Powhatan Second, Wendwood, First Colony, Kingswood, and Kingsmill.
- Softball diamond field
Queens Lake Community Association Membership: The Queens Lake Community Association has three levels of membership based on the properties of the community. “Deeded” property owners must be members of the association, but membership is voluntary for all other residents. Dues include a stock purchase and annual fees which gives memberships access to all association amenities.
Commuting: Queens Lake is 25 minutes from Fort Eustis, 45 minutes from Langley Air Force Base, and an hour from Richmond via Interstate 64. Local shopping and dining is less than 10 minutes away.
Similar Communities: Berkeley's Green, Fieldcrest, First Colony, Kingsmill, Governor's Land, Monticello Woods, Settler's Mill, The Villages of Westminster, the Vineyards of Williamsburg, Windsor Forest.
Schools: Queens Lake is part of York County Schools. Residents attend Magruder Elementary School, Queens Lake Middle School, Bruton High School, Thomas Nelson Community University, William and Mary University.
To schedule a complimentary consultation and find the perfect home in Queens Lake, Williamsburg, please contact Deelyn at 757.503.1999 or email at email@example.com